Want to learn more about flying or even take the first step toward getting your private pilot's license? The Flying Club at CU is here to help with our Flying Club Ground School course.
Old information below - information and sign-ups for the Fall 2018 ground school coming soon!
Our ground school course is designed to be a first step towards attaining your private pilot's license or even a supplemental step if you've already begun your training. This official course will be taught by a Certificated Flight Instructor and cover the aeronautical knowledge areas required by Federal Aviation Regulations part 61.105. Students who successfully complete the course will receive an official endorsement by the instructor to take the aeronautical written test.
It should be emphasized that this not a ground school designed to simply memorize the right answer for the written test, that could be accomplished without a CFI. Instead, this course is designed to prepare students by providing an understanding of aircraft, flying and regulations. The skills learned here will be applicable to actual flying as well as passing the oral and practical exam. Our goal is to get you flying!
Some details of the course:
- Held: Tuesday, October 2nd through December 11th 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: ECCR 1B40
- First class begins: Tuesday, October 2nd
- Includes all books, aeronautical charts, and materials needed
- Price: $375
- Payments MUST be submitted in cash or check.
- Payment is due: September 21st, 2018
To register for the class,
1) Fill out the form below for the class roster.
2) Deliver $375 in cash or check to Dr. G (either handed in to her or slid under her office door) in ECAE 198 or send us an email with a time and a place that works for you and one of us can come pick it up. Please make checks out to Flying Club at CU
Below is an interest form in a Spring ground school. Please fill this out as soon as possible if you are interested because we need a minimum amount of sign ups to have the course.